Saturday, October 30, 2010

Honey days

Some days are like swimming in a clear stream - things just flow. Other days are like trying to wade through thigh-high honey. And the honey days lately are getting me down.
So, to combat that, I've decided to count my blessings:
  • I have only two more payments on my Rose and then I can pick it up and bring it home.
  • My dad mowed all my grass and even mowed the chook yards for me so the snakes don't get my girls.
  • All my animals are healthy.
  • I have my computer back.
  • It is raining and not too cold so the vegies are growing.
  • Soon I will have a new car to replace the shitheap I am driving now.
  • I don't have to work in an office and be polite to small-minded people with not enough to do.
  • I have a rare weekend off that I can use however I want.
  • For the first time I have a vague and amorphous idea of what I want to do in the future.
And a quote from Eleanor Roosevelt that has been in the front of my mind lately:
'The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams'


No comments:

Post a Comment