Monday, August 16, 2010

Sniffle, cough...

I've been to the doctor today, a very forthright woman called Ivana, who I am sure has a previous life as a member of the Czar's bodyguard. She had the high heel boots and the authority - all she needed was some furs, and she would have been a shoe-in.

I have been feeling completely crap the past couple of days. The flu hit me Thursday night, and I dragged myself to work Friday morning, but every time I coughed it felt like my brain was going to explode out my forehead. Ivana tells me this is because I have an infection in my upper sinus cavity as well as the flu.

I was starting to feel better yesterday so I went to work, (how stupid was that decision?) at a different farm to where I normally work. I got rained on while getting the cows in, stood in a cold draft milking for two hours, got rained on again putting the cows away, and then drove home with blue lips in my non-heated car. So now I am off work for most of the rest of the week.

So I hope you'll forgive my excursion into self pity for a moment. My house is a mess of juiced lemon halves, dirty washing, clean washing, dishes and paperwork. My back hurts from coughing, I'm going to have no income this week because I can't work, and it hurts to move my eyes.

Whatever planets are dancing a little voodoo tango up there at the moment can just stop right now, because I've had enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment